Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:17:30 -0400
> From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > So why not open a terminal in SUSE and as root type init 3? I don't
> > understand this... The gentoo install is stupid at stage 1 and the only
> > reason peopel do it is for ego. Do you think that .... 2% speed increase
> > maybe? Means anything to a user? No.
> >
> > And why did you send this to me off list, if I read and replied to you
> > I'm obviously on this list.
>
> As being discussed on the list, the whole Reply to thing, You have to
> click reply to all, then delete the user, to reply to the list (webmail
> restrictions, stupid, yes!). And if you look at the time, I was falling
> asleep at the keyboard. I am sorry for that. Ego, no, It doesn't temp
> you with ease of use. And it does allow me to TRY another distro, just
> like Linux, it's about CHOICE. I never understand WHY people seem to have
> a problem with that

It's almost 12 PM here, and I haven't been to bed yet. Time is not a valid
source of how tired someone is.

And doing all that seems pretty stupid, why not use a better mail client? Mutt
comes with SUSE.

As for choice, I don't have a problem with choice, I have a problem with
people who think that because SUSE isn't going to take 3 days to install, and
then need two security updates a day, and because it uses a GOOD installer
and system like YAST that for some reason you'd need another distro to learn
"The command line"....

Type Init 3 as root and tell me how it's easier than Gentoo.