Re: [SLE] DLL problem
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:34:03 -0700
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 02:40 am, vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi,
>

> There is a program which might run under Linux and incorporates C, C++
> routins using their DLL. I don't know much about this. How to make DLL in
> Linux? If it is not posible, how to do it in Windows?

The program is Linux-compatible, yet uses DLL files? That doesn't sound right.
As another poster mentioned, DLLs (dynamic link libraries) are Win16 or Win32
or Win64 compiled binaries which contain libraries of code used by other
Windows programs.

In other words, they are compiled with a Windows-based compiler (C/C++/VB) and
usually rely on other Windows libraries to function themselves (COM+,
Kernel32/64...) as part of a glorious interrelation which results in one of
them eventually breaking binary compatibility (by use of a CLSID) and thus
causing "DLL-Hell."

As for making a DLL in Linux, I suppose it is possible. Don't ask me how,
though.

Maybe it would help if you mentioned the program in question.
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.