Re: [SLE] [OT] Another good windows glitch - like we needed another one.
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:29:58 -0700
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 04:35 am, Michael W Cocke wrote:
> I'm trying to laugh about this because the alternative will be to kick
> my computer off the roof.
>
> I need to run XP occasionally so I have a dual-boot config. This
> morning I tried to boot Win XP and was told 'windows needs to be
> activated' - and it wouldn't log me in. I did that last year and I
> haven't changed anything, but what the hell - I have a legal copy, so
> I clicked yes. Then it said 'this copy of windows is already
> activated' and logged me off... rebooted - and the same thing. It
> won't let me log in and it won't activate. I have to reinstall from
> scratch AGAIN! What a design. <sigh>

Well, hopefully you haven't reinstalled.

The activation key is related to hardware settings, which may have changed.
Stupid, yes, but not insurmountable.

You have two alternatives. First you should be able to call your friendly
neighborhood Microsoft support center and explain the situation. They should
get you a new activation code.

Second, there are plenty of cracks out in the wild, which will perform the
activation for you. LimeWire works perfectly on Linux and should get you what
you need.

Um, at least I've heard from reliable sources that it does and those same
sources suggest that these cracks might be easy to locate...
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.