Re: [SLE] connect to cellphone
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:09:23 +0200
Richard wrote:

> I found something: had to configure the phone from USB as modem
> device to USB as storage, to access the micro-SD card. This seemed to
> work (and will probably allow me to access a card when I get one and
> install it) and identified the card as scsi removable device sde.
> Also found a generic device sg4. How do I try to access this device?

The generic device is probably some sort of control - not sure what it
might be for. As an example - a tape-library usually has a generic
device to controlling the loading and unloading of tapes.
Your reconfiguration from modem to storage device sounds like thr right
thing do to, especially as it made the card come up as sde.

> Mounting does not work as it is not a block device. I have a feeling
> this is simple because I used to have to access a scsi scanner as a
> sg-generic device.

It is to do with what your phone presents as options to the USB driver.
What does "lsusb" say now?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich