Re: [SLE] Re: The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:17:51 +0100
On 05/04/06, kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 02:44 pm, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > On 05/04/06, kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Now on to reading further in the magazine where they discuss animation in
> > > Blender. That just sounds way too cool! Besides, it is raining so
> > > there's absolutely nothing else to do. (Except drink beer.)
> >
> > It's a pretty good tutorial, Kai. You'll enjoy it :-) The internet
> > radio bit was quite good. Apart from the fact that they left out one
> > major biggie.....nobody mentioned LUG radio. It's close to my heart
> > because the founders are also members of one of my local LUGs.
>
> LOL! You might check into the FOSDEM section. I think they mentioned a few
> LUG's there.
>
> One question. They mentioned using Blender 2.4, which is current on the
> website. I have 2.3x, which came with SuSE.
>
> Now I downloaded 2.4 and it simply created a 2.4 binary in a monster
> subdirectory.
>
> running it from command line - ./blender gets me that version. Doing a which
> blender shows version 2.3 in /usr/bin
>
> Will I kill things if I copy over the 2.3 version?
>
> --

Now that I don't know...Have you got a spare hard drive that you can
try this sort of thing on? If it all goes wrong it doesn't matter
this way. It's what I usally do :-)
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay