Re: Direction needed
  • From: "nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito" <suser.koolinus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 00:01:38 +0200
Il giorno gio, 06/04/2006 alle 15.29 -0400, James Wright ha scritto:
> Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> > About how much empty space is needed for M$ Windows to function
> > properly? I ask because one of the things I think she will have to do
> > is partition her HD so that there is room for installing Linux.

> You will probably want at least 15g if you want to use the hibernate
> feature and have room for applications. Most likely I would split the
> hard drive 50/50, depending on the size of the hard drive.

Totally agree on this.

If she want to use M$, office suite, fixed swap file and hibernate
{obvously disabling the "rescue" tools} and thinks to have an
installation lifetime of 10+ months i can say she has to stick with a
minimum of 20GB.

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://koolinus.wordpress.com http://www.koolinus.net

"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
Linux Registered User #293182

< Previous Next >