Re: [SLE] Faxing from 10.0
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:20:32 -0700
Mike McMullin wrote:
I've been trying to set up faxing under 10.0. I've added a modem
using hylafax's modemadd, specifying ttyS4 as the correct modem device.
I did a test run using jhylafax and it connected to my cell phone
properly.
After a system reboot neither jhylafax not susefax (which errors in
java) can find the modem. KDEPrintFax errors with:

Sending to fax using: /usr/bin/capisuitefax -d '***1928'
'/opt/fax/Mike/fax' can't write to queue dir

(Note first three digits of phone are grunged be me for this message.)

/opt/fax/Mike has attributes of 777 as does the intended fax
file /opt/fax/Mike/fax.

Also is there a way once I get this sorted out to just print to teh
fax-modem using cups?

Mike

Did you restart the hylafax daemon? I do not believe the hylafax daemon is setup to start automatically.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx