Re: [SLE] Re: configuring kmail for gmail (particularly outgoing)
  • From: Arun Mallikarjunan <arun@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:47:18 -0400

try this Wmeler. Open Konsole, type in "telnet smtp.gmail.com 587"
without the quotes.
See if it connects, if it does u will see something like this

Trying 64.233.185.109...
Connected to smtp.gmail.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mx.gmail.com ESMTP 6sm1647118wrh

that means it is able to connect but theres some configuration issue.
u can come out of that by press ctrl and ']'

if it doesnt that means ur ISP is blocking it

HTH
Arun