Re: [SLE] Re: configuring kmail for gmail (particularly outgoing)
  • From: wmeler <wmeler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:53:30 -0400
Here are my settings under "Sending" in kmail. I have highlighed the ones
that seem most suspect to me:

Under "Modify"...I get the "Modify Transport" box for "Transport:SMTP":
"General" tab:
Name:wmeler@xxxxxxxxx
Host:smtp.gmail.com
Port:465 [or 587, as mentioned earlier]
Precommand:[LEFT IT BLANK]
Server requires authentication (Checked ON)
Login: wmeler@xxxxxxxxx
Password: **********
Store SMTP password (Checked ON)
Send custom hostname to server (Checked OFF)

"Security" tab:
Encryption:TLS
Authentication Method:PLAIN

[Check What the Server Supports completes without an error and gives me the
same settings on the Security tab.]

Common Options (below the "Outgoing accounts"):
Confirm before send (UNCLICKED)
Send messages in outbox folder: Never Automatically
Default send method: Send Now
Message property: MIME Compliant (Quoted Printable)
Default Domain: 127.0.0.1

The last one bothers me the most, because I'm not sure what it was originaly
set to.

Receives continue to work just fine.

--
Cheers,