Re: [SLE] configuring kmail for gmail (particularly outgoing)
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:19:51 -0400
James Knott wrote:
wmeler wrote:
I managed to get kmail to download my gmail emails just fine, but it cannot
send.

Can someone please give me the proper config info. ? Could this be because
of my ISP (earthlink) blocking me? How would I know?
Any other ideas?

You might be blocked by your ISP. Some ISPs have alternate ports for
use off network. Perhaps Gmail has one. Also, there's nothing to stop
you from using your ISP's SMTP server, from your Gmail account
Follow Gmail's setup instruction, I think they use SSL or some other setting, like TLS, that also changes the port it uses. It works fine in Thunderbird. BTW, you have to use the instructions for Outlook or Outlook Express.

James W.