Re: [SLE] Re: [OT] 2 questions.. fetchmsttfons.sh and where are the actual font files now?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:30:07 -0400
On Saturday 08 April 2006 10:59, Kevanf1 wrote:
> I've had this happen a few times after install. Usually I find that
> going back and selecting a different download server sorts the problem
> out. I don't know what is going on but I suspect that there is a
> simple time out at the server I chose in the first place. Heavy load
> perhaps or routine server maintenance?

The only problem is the YOU 'patch' is a script that retrieves the compressed
font package from an external source (currently SourceForge) then
uncompresses and installs the fonts. If the servers are overloaded... or the
files have been moved and the script hasn't been updated accordingly... there
is no mechanism available to the user in YOU to "go back and select a
different download server" :-/

I once actually used the failing (outdated) script as a guide to manually
track down, retrieve and install these fonts. After going to all that trouble
and, in the process, learning what files were needed where, etc., I realized
it would have been a whole lot easier to just copy the files over from
another system... which is why I offered the suggestion that I did.

regards,

Carl