Re: [SLE] How to do Interenet access restriction?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:04:45 -0400
* Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx> [04-08-06 11:47]:
> My son, 13 years old, likes to play on-line game. For the sake of the
> school, I have to limit it. If I just ask him to turn off the computer,
> he will certainly tell me that he needs the computer for school.
>
> I would like to trick the dns!!!
> I want to update the dns for his computer for certain hours to access
> the on-line game or not.
>
> Dynamic DNS would be something I could imagine would work.

I believe that you are looking in the wrong area. As I understand and
employ, dynamic dns means that the ip number of your
computer/connection is not static, does not stay the same. It changes
as your provider directs. dns in this case is to identify *your*
computer.

You might be more interested in utilizing a proxy such as snort to
controll access to particular sites. Whether you can do this by the
clock time, I do not know.