Re: [SLE] Proof of concept on Multi Platform Virus
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:50:44 +0100
On Saturday 08 April 2006 16:44, Per Jessen wrote:
> Rikard Johnels wrote:
> > Not all Linux users run a secured system, and not all run it under a
> > normal user. I have seen way to many root's running out there...
> > So the "How many executable files on a Linux system can a regular user
> > overwrite? Nothing important." is only true on a secured system with
> > a secure-minded administrator.
> > How many DOESNT run a secured system, and run everything as root?
>
> Just out of curiosity, how do you define "secured"?
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich
>

> --

A system that is audited for rootkits, blatant security holes, and fairly
updated to prevent exploits of known software bugs.

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob: : +46 (0)763 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >
< Previous Next >