Re: [SLE] Changed Network Cards
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:33:15 +0200
On Sunday 09 April 2006 17:23, Elijah Savage wrote:
> All,
>
> I changed my realtek network card for a intel pro 1000 gig card. Suse10
> added this card as eth1 I want to change it back to eth0 I know there is
> a flat file for doing this but for the life of me I can't remember which
> it is. After long searches on google I can't seem to find it either.
>
> I think it was posted here once also but just no luck with that, any
> help with the name of this file would be greatly appreciated.

I know *exactly* what you mean! :) I had this problem too a while ago, took me
some time to figure it out. Alas, I forgot what file it was...

cd /etc; egrep -wr 'eth[0-9]+'

did the trick again. Have a look
at /etc/udev/rules.d/30-net_persistent_names.rules

It's just a matter of combinint the right MAC-address with the right eth[0-9].

You might want to 'ifdown eth1' before, and 'ifup eth0' afterward.

Cheers,

Leen