Re: [SLE] Changed Network Cards
  • From: Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 13:05:07 -0400
Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 09 April 2006 17:23, Elijah Savage wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I changed my realtek network card for a intel pro 1000 gig card. Suse10
>> added this card as eth1 I want to change it back to eth0 I know there is
>> a flat file for doing this but for the life of me I can't remember which
>> it is. After long searches on google I can't seem to find it either.
>>
>> I think it was posted here once also but just no luck with that, any
>> help with the name of this file would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I know *exactly* what you mean! :) I had this problem too a while ago, took me
> some time to figure it out. Alas, I forgot what file it was...
>
> cd /etc; egrep -wr 'eth[0-9]+'
>
> did the trick again. Have a look
> at /etc/udev/rules.d/30-net_persistent_names.rules
>
> It's just a matter of combinint the right MAC-address with the right eth[0-9].
>
> You might want to 'ifdown eth1' before, and 'ifup eth0' afterward.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen

I do not even have to rename it, if I can just get eth1 to start at
bootup without having to go into yast to make it initialize that would
be great.

Elijah Savage | AOL IM:layer3rules
Senior Network Engineer | When it has to be switched or routed.
http://www.digitalrage.org | The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------