Re: [SLE] Changed Network Cards
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:37:16 -0400
On Sunday 09 April 2006 14:11, Elijah Savage wrote:
> Yeah I did use yast to set it up but after reboot the card is not
> detected. I go into yast and the card initializes and everything is fine.

It sounds like the module you need for the netcard isn't loaded at boot time
(in initrd)

Try this:

hwinfo --netcard

This should provide into about the new card and what module is needed.

Then go to /etc/sysconfig/kernel and check what modules are included in the
line:

INITRD_MODULES="piix ata_piix aic7xxx processor thermal fan jbd ext3"

If the needed module isn't in there, add it in between the quotes.

Then run (as root) mk_initrd

re-boot

I spit this out from memory.... someone else might see a flaw in it but it is
a good bet that is the problem.

< Previous Next >