Re: [SLE] Changed Network Cards
  • From: Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:30:55 -0400
Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 09 April 2006 15:54, Vince Littler wrote:
>> Hmm, thinking a bit more, if the card is still in as eth1, I seem to think
>> the thing to do is clear out all cards in YaST and detect from scratch.
>> Maybe part of the problem is that there is still stuff from eth0, which is
>> looking to get started, but doesn't find the old eth0 and aborts the
>> network boot without looking at eth1. On reflection, I really would clear
>> out all network config with YaST, do a reboot and add the Intel card from
>> scratch. It may be OTT, but I think it's the best chance.
>
> I would agree with this (and wonder why it wasn't done in the first place)

Yes any reference to eth0 in yast has been cleared out.

I followed Bruce's previous advice and getting ready to reboot.

Elijah Savage | AOL IM:layer3rules
Senior Network Engineer | When it has to be switched or routed.
http://www.digitalrage.org | The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------