Re: [SLE] amarok 1.4 for SuSE 9.3
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:34:01 -0700
On Sunday 09 April 2006 11:46 am, Phil Burness wrote:
> Anybody know where the rpm's for this are?
> I've tried using apt with guru and packman

Thanks, Phil, I didn't know 1.4 full is out. I've been using the beta, which
has a tendancy to crash when creating dynamic playlists.

In general, you can find rpms by going to http://rpm.pbone.net

I did and found it here:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/9.3/RPMS/i686/amarok-1.4.0_0.2-1.guru.suse93.i686.rpm

Now, keep in mind too, that guru and packman are notorious for not-refreshing
correctly. At least in my experience.

I went ahead and refreshed the sources and found the files available. I then
did the update through YaST.

It appears to be listed as Beta 2. I loaded it and all is working.

> --
> Phil Burness
> Linux User since 1991 - currently using SuSE 9.3
> Warrington - United Kingdom

The United Kingdom - is that near England?

/me ducks and runs!

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.