Re: [SLE] How to set IP address during installation over local network??
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 23:08:02 -0400
On Sunday 09 April 2006 21:48, Adinda Praditya wrote:
> On 4/10/06, Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > After you've loaded the nic module and selected to begin a network
> > installation, the installer will give you the option of either entering
> > in the client IP address or retrieving one via dhcp.
>
> I loaded the module, but still i got the message, "no network device
> found. Load a network module first." Should i enter a parameter to the
> module?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adinda P

Hi Adinda,

You want to keep threads on the list and avoid cc'ing or directing responses
to individual subscribers. That gives all the other subscribers an
opportunity to follow the discussion and contribute ideas/solutions... better
for you, no?

Second, from your original post:

> I'm trying to install suse 10.0 over the local network (via HTTP). I
> loaded the NIC module driver but i didn't find how to set my own ip
> address.

You didn't describe your hardware, nor did you indicate that SUSE was having a
problem identifying and initializing the nic. You've got to solve this
hardware problem, first, before attempting to assign or obtain an IP address
for installation. Please describe your system hardware so we'll know what
we're dealing with.

Also, if you've run any other Linux on on this machine and had success using
the nic, that information would be helpful. Even success accessing it under
Knoppix or some other 'live' Linux distribution (boots and runs from CD/DVD
instead of being installed) would be helpful.

regards,

Carl

< Previous Next >