Re: [SLE] RHEL : CentOS :: SLEx : ?
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:04:54 -0700
On Monday 10 April 2006 01:12 am, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 18:23 schrieb kai:
> >(....)
> >
> > Now if only I can get a Linux version of Photoshop for her...
> > --
>
> Not having photoshop on Linux was the only reason I had to suffer such a
> long time under M$ W. As a professional photographer having a good digital
> photo workflow is quite essential...
>
> Now I have a photoshop running (with crossover) - and I *never* use it
> anymore:
> digiKam and gimp are even more than a compensation for photoshop. All work
> that has to be done on the entire image is _much_ easier, faster and more
> comfortable in digiKam than in photoshop.

She's been using gimp - well, GIMPShop - for the past year and has been
more-or-less satisfied. I haven't introduced her to digikam yet, though I've
used it on occasion. I've been using Gwenview, too, in order to make pictures
managable...

http://www.perfectreign.com/pics/2006_florida/

...nice way to make up web pages. I've also found ShowFoto to be a nice and
easy app to use for my level of work. :)

I did try to load her copy of Photoshop (8, I think) onto her system, but it
bombs under CX Office. I do have her only other MS app, Publisher 98, loaded,
and she uses that quite often.

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.

< Previous Next >