Re: [SLE] How to set IP address during installation over local network??
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:44:47 +0200
On Monday 10 April 2006 03:18, Adinda Praditya wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to install suse 10.0 over the local network (via HTTP).

How? Booting from a bootable SUSE-DVD? Booting from a cd created from
boot.iso?

> I loaded the NIC module driver but i didn't find how to set my own ip
> address. I couldn't find the manual how to set this up. I read
> installation over the network on "installation help" and it said
> nothing about setting the NIC or IP address. Please help.

I'm assuming your booting from boot.iso or something more or less alike.

You can supply some options at the bootprompt.

Here's an example that I used for installing 10.0 at home form a mounted set
of 5 CD's:

hostip=10.0.0.3 netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=10.0.0.1
install=http://10.0.0.1/pub/suse/i386/10.0/CD1

The network module should be automatically loaded. If not, supply a
insmod=<networkmodule> option.

The description is
in /usr/share/doc/packages/autoyast2/html/info_file_format.html (needs the
autoyast2 package).

Cheers,

Leen