usb scanner only work as root after upgrade to SUSE 10
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:33:57 +0200
I have an Epson Perfection 610 USB scaner which worked fine under SuSE 9.3.

Then I upgraded to SuSE 10.0 and now only root can use the scanner.
Normal users aparently don't have access to the scanner.

I googled and searched the mailing list, but did not find anything useful.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks
--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.co.za