Re: [SLE] usb scanner only work as root after upgrade to SUSE 10
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:42:34 +0200
On 4/10/06, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx> [04-10-06 12:36]:
> > I have an Epson Perfection 610 USB scaner which worked fine under SuSE
> > 9.3.
> >
> > Then I upgraded to SuSE 10.0 and now only root can use the scanner.
> > Normal users aparently don't have access to the scanner.
> >
> > I googled and searched the mailing list, but did not find anything
> > useful.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can fix this?
>
> If root can and user cannot, dev permissions are wrong or being set
> incorrectly by a security configuration.

Which dev?

I have no /dev/scan* or /dev/usbscan*

I think I had this problem a few years ago and I solved it by changing
the permissions of /dev/usbscanner0

But with SuSE 10 I have no idea which device it use.

It seems to work different now.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.co.za