RE: [SLE] cron not recognizing changes to /etc/cron.d files [SOLVED] - OT
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:25:12 -0500
On Monday, April 10, 2006 @ 1:47 PM, Leendert Meyer wrote:

>On Monday 10 April 2006 20:39, Richard Bos wrote:
>> Have a look here:
>> http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Schedule_cron_daily

>From that file:
>> In SuSe 9.3 touch modifies all 3 access times to the touch time if used
>> without the -t flag!!

>The same for SUSE 10.0 - I just checked. :)

>Cheers,

>Leen

If you wouldn't mind, just to satisfy my own curiosity, what are the 3
timestamps that are being touched? In various other threads on this list, I
came away with the impression that there were only two timestamps being
maintained by any of the underlying file systems (Reiser, EXT2, EXT3, etc.).
Is this not true? Are there actually 3 timestamps being maintained for a
single file/directory at file system level, or, in this case, is it done via
some software implemented mechanism?

Thanks,
Greg Wallace

Greg Wallace