Re: [SLE] Recommended Steps to swap out video cards
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:05:00 -0400
On Monday 10 April 2006 15:53, Elijah Savage wrote:
> I want to get rid of this ATI card and go to Geforce 6600. Is there
> anything that I need to know or should do before venturing down this road.
> I did not get much info from sir google :).
>
> Thank you

Should be pretty simple if you:

1) Boot into runlevel 3 (put a 3 on the boot parm line)

2) Run sax2 -l (small l) once you get to command level

3) Configure the new card with Sax2 and let'r rip.

Another possibility that might be better is to boot into level 3 and run Yast
from the command line and do the whole thing from there.... Would be better
I think.

Others may have better ideas.