Re: [SLE] Recommended Steps to swap out video cards
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:25:56 -0500
On 4/10/06, Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to get rid of this ATI card and go to Geforce 6600. Is there
> anything that I need to know or should do before venturing down this road.
> I did not get much info from sir google :).
>
> Thank you

1. Swap the card.
2. On the boot screen, press F3 (Options) and type "3" for boot
parameters. This is going to boot you in runlevel 3
3. login as root
4. uninstall the ati driver, if you had installed any
5. follow the instructions here to install the nvidia driver:
<http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.html>

Cheers
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)