Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:54:56 +0200
> as a root and on console:
> go to /etc/X11 and exit xorg.conf: remove all other than 1280x800 rows in
> section "Screen"

Hi Marek,
Thanks for your help so far. I have 2 problems with the advice. First,
the "Screen" section does not contain any reference to the resolution
(I have added my xorg.conf at the end of this message). The "Modes"
section contain some resolution, so I decided to delete all irrelevant
resolutions here. Problem 2, as soon as I restart the X-server,
xorg.conf is back to the way it was before I edited it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Marius

< Previous Next >