Re: [SLE] userdir apache2 & 10.0
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:58:54 -0400
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 12:43, jdd sur free wrote:
> oh thanks, I didn't think of a bug :-(
>
> I drop a question in bugzilla to know how they think it's
> fixed. my install is recent and updated yesterday
>
> thanks
> jdd

Hi jdd,

Please reply to the list. ;-)

I don't think SUSE distributes every "bug fix" via YOU for released
distributions like 9.3 or 10.0, etc. I think they distribute patches for
serious problems that affect stability and security.

This specific Apache2 setup annoyance first appeared with 10.0. It is a simple
problem, easily fixed 'in the field' and the solution has been described many
times on SLE. (This is an excellent example of why it is good to research
problems in the archives before creating a thread.)

My guess is, if the problem is still occurring and you've just installed and
fully updated 10.0, the fix probably exists upstream (for 10.1) but it wasn't
deemed serious enough to warrant the production and dissemination of a YOU
patch.

And, for others in the future who may come across this thread:

Did you edit /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf accordingly?
Did this fix your problem?

regards,

Carl