Re: [SLE] Faxing from 10.0
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:14:42 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-04-10 at 09:37 -0500, S Glasoe wrote:

> > From my /etc/inittab
> >
> > # modem getty.
> > mo:235:respawn:/usr/sbin/mgetty -s 38400 ttyS4
> >
> > # fax getty (hylafax)
> > mo:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS4
>
> Try commenting out the modem's line there and running with just the fax.
> Haven't checked the documentation lately and its been awhile since I set
> this up so I don't remember if this is an either/or situation. Modem or fax
> but not both.
>
> I know that if just the fax getty is running it will work.

I understand you may have both devices running, but only one handler. Ie,
use a getty that diferentiates when the incoming call is a modem or a fax
and that calls the appropiate program to handle it.

Not sure how to do it, but I agree that he has to leave only the fax line
in inittab.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson