Re: [SLE] Suse 10.1 beta 9 loads wrong kernel
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:51:04 +0200
Art Fore wrote:

>> Install the default kernel, then modify lilo.conf as appropriate.
>>

>> /Per Jessen, Zürich
>>

> Could not find any istall procedure or howto.

Apologies - you install the default kernel using YaST - nothing unusual
or complicated about it. I believe YaST will also modify the lilo.conf
(or grub equivalent), but I'm not 100% certain, so check it before you
reboot.

> Did try to rename
> the /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-18-default to vmlinuz but now it comes up

It's best/easiest to just use symlinks when playing around with
different kernels - if you do it often enough, it's probably worth
adding entries to lilo.

/Per Jessen, Zürich