Slightly OT. How to retrieve ISP settings from a dead win98
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:12:49 +0100
Hello list!
Maybe someone here can help me.
I have a friend who is a computer illiterate (More or less)
And he's old Win98 crashed due to a bad disk.
I managed to dd_rescue most of it, but of course its not bootable.
Now, as my evil plan is to make a convert of the poor guy, i have installed
Linux on his machine :)

But the difficult thing is: He doesnt know his ISPsetup.
It seems he doesnt even know WHAT provider he has....
No papers no nothing in place to look for clues.

So my question is: How the *bad words* can i retrieve the ISP settings from
the dead Win98 setup?

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob: : +46 (0)763 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >
< Previous Next >