Re: [SLE] Recommended Steps to swap out video cards
  • From: Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:55:38 -0400
Sunny wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just noticed when I go to YOU and click on installable patches it
>> shows the nvidia driver but it shows as 0B as in zero bytes like there
>> is nothing there to download.
>>

> Because it is just a script, which in turn downloads the nvidia
> driver. For a legal reasons Novel is not allowed to distribute the
> driver by themselves.
>
> --
> --
> Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

This is strange. It shows Vesa frame buffer. But under options it
actually shows tvout support and all that. I ran sax2 -m 0=nvida when it
comes up I hit ok. I think it might be the nvida driver I suppose
because of the boat load of options I see but it just reads vesa fb.

There are no errors in the xorg.log either. Below is the last few lines
in the log

(**) Mouse[1]: Protocol: "explorerps/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse[1]: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "Buttons" "7"
(==) Mouse[1]: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse[1]: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse[1]: Buttons: 7
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse[1]" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard[0]" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "NVIDIA Event Handler" (type:
Other)
(II) Mouse[1]: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID, removing
from list!

Elijah Savage | AOL IM:layer3rules
Senior Network Engineer | When it has to be switched or routed.
http://www.digitalrage.org | The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------