Re: [SLE] gcc compiler 4.1
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:22:46 -0400
On 4/11/06, Maura Edeweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK.
> But a which gcc_4.1 installation phase can I rename the binaries ?
> Usually rpm files are pre-compiled. I won't have control on the source
> code therefore on the binary code.
> Thank you,
> Maura

I think your confused.

You just install the new RPMs, they will automatically install as gcc_4.1, etc.

The thing you have to do is make sure you run gcc_4.1 when you want to compile.

Since most compiles are invoked by "./configure; make" type of stuff
you may have some issues doing that. Once you get 4.1 installed post
again with whatever actual compile issues you have.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group