Re: [SLE] Slightly OT. How to retrieve ISP settings from a dead win98
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 02:01:44 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-04-11 at 23:43 +0100, Rikard Johnels wrote:

> And as stated, the phone company aren't too keen on revealing the numbers
> called. I have no idea why, but that is what they have said...

Because it is not a normal request.

Let me give an educated guess... If he had specified a detailed bill, the
process would be automated. If he didn't, to dig now that data out of the
records (if not already deleted) means manual action by somebody that
knows how to dig that info from the records, even if possible (the
information would be perhaps in the raw files from the exchange, not in
the billing database).

Furthermore, not been a "normal request" means there is no "procedure" in
the books, and that it has to authorized by somebody, so they balk out.

:-P

By the way, the modem might have stored the last number dialed - but I
doubt it is kept after power down.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson