Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:13:17 +0200
> You use framebuffer. Start sax2 and try to set the LCD monitor!!!
>
> FYI, my config file for X11 attached (Toshiba Satellite A75-S321).

Marek,
I think I'm starting to see the problem. Suse does not detect the
graphics card correctly, and thus uses the VESA framebuffer device.
When I go into Sax2, I get a screen that shows me the "Card" and the
"Monitor". The monitor I can change (and have) but the card shows
"VESA framebuffer Graphics" and there is no option to change this.

Any ideas how I can change the card type?

Thanks
Marius