Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:14:44 +0200
I once had to patch the vesa bios to allow SUSE to get 1400x800
resolution on a toshiba laptop.. It seams the bios did not have
a Vesa setting for it, and therefor SUSE would not choose this
resolution.

There was a mini program that copied the vesa bios to memory,
and made the patch. It needed to be run before X-Widnows...

Unfortunately, I no longer have nor remember
what/where the program is...

Maybe this hint will help you find it in Google...

Jerry
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10.38, Marius Roets wrote:
> > Check out the Acer Laptop page on the wiki, I wrote a guide for
> > installing the ATi driver and setting up the screen there.
> >
> > http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Laptops/Acer
> >
> > Also look at:
> >
> > http://en.opensuse.org/ATI_Driver_HOWTO
>
> Hi David,
> Thanks, but I already tried this before I posted. Main problem is that
> my card (X1400) is not supported by the ATI drivers yet. You also
> mention this in your article. The result of installing the driver is a
> nice blank screen.

< Previous Next >