How Do I Set Default Permissions
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:36:11 -0600
(SuSE Linux 10.0, Nautilus 2.12, Gnome 2.x)

I can't seem to locate info on how to set default permissions for a
folder and it's contents. For example, let's say I want all new folders
and files under a given folder as well as files moved into a folder to
take on the permissions of the parent folder. First, is this even
possible and, if so, where would I find info on how to do it? Thanks
for any advice.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules