Re: [SLE] OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:18:40 -0400
* Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-12-06 14:58]:

> So the mail client setup here could be:
> - 3 Inboxes, each with their own email address
> - The SMTP entry of GMail
> - A dialup connection using one of the email addresses to authenticate
> myself to the ISP.
>
> When I send email from any one of the three email addresses I have, it
> will all be delivered regardless of the sending email address?
>
> An idea? comments?

I have not used gmail's smtp service, but it *may* require that you use
your gmail account address. My roadrunner account does not require
this, so I have not bothered to try gmail-smtpm and am able to use a
gmail From: address.

Their instructions and/or a simple trial email should provide you with
the answer.

Another problem may arise, the last time I used mozilla for mail (some
time long ago), you were only allowed *one* pop account configuration,
but could use multiple imap accounts. Gmail has no imap capabilities.

A simple solution to this would be two or more mozilla profiles.