RE: [SLE] cron not recognizing changes to /etc/cron.d files [SOLVED] - OT
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:13:53 -0500
On Wednesday, April 12, 2006 @ 7:46 PM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
>Greg Wallace wrote:
>>
>> Based on the above, would the following alwayas be true --
>>
>> ctime >= mtime >= atime ?

>No, for two reasons:

>If a file is read, its atime is updated, but neither ctime nor mtime. Then
the
>last relation is not true any more.

>One can set mtime and atime to arbitrary dates in the future. Then both
>relations are not true any more.

> Joachim

Did I get it backwards? I. e., is this true --

ctime <= mtime <= atime. ln other words, an mtime change ripples to atime
and a ctime change ripples to ntime which ripples to atime? Put another
way, you can change atime without affecting mtime or ctime. You can change
mtime without affecting ctime, but atime will be affected. If you change
ctime, then mtime and atime are affected. Would that be correct?

Greg Wallace

Greg Wallace