Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop [SOLVED]
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:28:26 +0200
> There was a new driver launched in the last couple of days (8.24....) which
> ATi states supports some of the Mobility X1n00 chipsets, might be worth
> checking to see if you have that driver, and updating if necessary, I first
> saw it posted on SUSELinuxsupport yesterday, so it might be
> brand-spanking-new... ;-)
>
> Dave
Hi Dave,
Right you are, and work it does.
Brilliant. Just released yesterday.
Don't know if I should mention that I had a bit of trouble installing.
Mostly due to a broken link in the directory /lib/modules/[uname -r].
The 'source' link was broken, and the 'build' link pointed to the
wrong directory. After fixing this, the install went smoothly.

Wow, it looks beautiful compared to that silly 800x600.

Thanks Dave, and everybody else for the suggestions.

Regards
Marius