Re: [SLE] How does one pronounce "SUSE"
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:45:42 +0200
kai wrote:
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 04:32 pm, James Knott wrote:

Actually, there are many areas of Europe and elsewhere, where national
borders include populations that are from neighbouring contries. IIRC,
there's even a piece of Italy on the Swiss side of a border lake. Also,
at one time there was some English territory in France, in addition to
the channel islands. Even the United States, includes a place called
"Texas". ;-)

Which is technically pronounced, "te-haas," as it is/was a Mexican state before it became a republic.

I'm not quite sure what language they speak there in "te-hass" as I can't understand them for the life of me.
Since it would seem we 'all' do not care about people who are on slower internet lines or pay per MB downloaded, I have to ask, WTF CARES how SuSE is pronounced. Whatever country you are in will understand you. I think this discussion of should go to the OT list as it has nothing technical to do with Soooozie, SuuZ, Soooz, Soze etc and the product we all use.

Lets move it on chaps/gals/whatsits/etc's