Adding Disk Space
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:03:13 -0600
(SuSE Linux 10.0)

I need to add some disk space to my /public folder. I am currently
running a single partition on a single 125 GB disk drive. My intentions
are to mount the new drive to a temporary folder, /pubnew for example,
copy everything from /public to /pubnew, delete the files in /public,
and then rename /pubnew to /public. On the surface, this sounds okay but
it is so simple that it makes me think I have missed something. Can
anybody see a way that this procedure can get me into serious trouble?
I'd appreciate any comments.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules

< Previous Next >