Re: [SLE] keyboard repetition
  • From: Peter Cannon <peterc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:02:22 +0100
On Friday 14 April 2006 06:10, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> I find that the keyboard repetition is very fast, producing
> many letters when I only want one. Is there a way to stop
> that? Or, at least, slow it down? I can't imagine why this
> is part of the system. Who would want 10 w's, etc? I have
> an excellent IBM keyboard, and I'm sure that it doesn't do
> this, it must be in the system.

Is this by any chance a Laptop keyboard? (I may have missed the first post, if
there was one)

If it is then the keyboard is knackered.

I have a Dell CPx J and its a known hardware fault, in the last three years
I've replaced mine four times.

Simple test is to plug a PS2 or USB keyboard in if the problem is not
repeatable using that keyboard then its 100% your main keyboard has had it :(

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing