Re: [SLE] How to install SuSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:59:34 +0200
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Below is a lilo.conf from a running machine.
>
> I would like to "convert" this mandrake machine to a SuSE 10, however,
> so far every try ends with the line:
>
> PCI: Ignoring BAR0-3 of IDE controller 0000:00:02.5

What is it exactly that ends in this way? A boot-up of a newly
installed machine or the installation of a new system? What happens
when you see that message? Does the machine freeze up? Can you still
swap consoles?

> What would be the right boot parameter for the installation?

That depends entirely on what your hardware is and what you're trying to
achieve.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich