Re: [SLE] How to install SuSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:10:35 +0200
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>> What is it exactly that ends in this way? A boot-up of a newly
>> installed machine or the installation of a new system? What happens
>> when you see that message? Does the machine freeze up? Can you still
>> swap consoles?
>>
> It stops there!
> I boot in text mode, otherwise you cannot see this message at all.

OK - is this is a plain SUSE install? If it is, I would just open a
bugreport.

>>> What would be the right boot parameter for the installation?
>>>

>> That depends entirely on what your hardware is and what you're trying to
>> achieve.
>>
> I am very sure it must be something we could figure out of the
> lilo.conf. !!!!
> I just cannot "translate" it into the right boot parameters.

I can't begin to guess which parameters are the right ones without
information.
This is part of lilo.conf from one of my workstations:

menu-scheme = Wb:kw:Wb:Wb
timeout = 80
lba32
change-rules
reset
read-only
prompt
default = Linux
message = /boot/message
boot = /dev/hda1

Otherwise I would really recommend you take a look at
"How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by ESR:

/Per Jessen, Zurich