Re: [SLE] 64-bit and 32-bit conflict
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:03:56 -0400
On Friday 14 April 2006 3:37 pm, Maura Edeweiss Monville wrote:
> I'm struggling to install the CERN library on my 64-bit laptop.
> I have been told by two people here who have already tried that they
> eventually gave up and had to replace the operating system in order to
> install the CERN library on a 32-bit machine.
> They told me all the errors I'm getting might as well be caused by my
> 64-bit laptop.
> Since the source code is available, I wonder IF it is possible to compile
> on a 64-bit machine. Maybe I'm missing the point. What are the issues at
> compiling source code for 32- versus 64-bit architectures ?
I can't comment on the CERN library per se. I have written a white paper on
32-bit to 64-bit issues.
http://www.hp.com
Click on Linux Resources - you will see Tux's smiling face on the right hand
side, then click on "Porting 64-bit Linux on HP Integrity Servers".

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group