Re: [SLE] OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:26:23 +0200
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-12-06 14:58]:

So the mail client setup here could be:
- 3 Inboxes, each with their own email address
- The SMTP entry of GMail
- A dialup connection using one of the email addresses to authenticate
myself to the ISP.

When I send email from any one of the three email addresses I have, it will all be delivered regardless of the sending email address?

An idea? comments?

I have not used gmail's smtp service, but it *may* require that you use
your gmail account address. My roadrunner account does not require
this, so I have not bothered to try gmail-smtpm and am able to use a
gmail From: address.

Their instructions and/or a simple trial email should provide you with
the answer.
I'll give it a try and report back in a bit.

Another problem may arise, the last time I used mozilla for mail (some
time long ago), you were only allowed *one* pop account configuration,
but could use multiple imap accounts. Gmail has no imap capabilities.

A simple solution to this would be two or more mozilla profiles.
Thankfully the Mozilla(1.7.2) that I am using does not have this account limitation but it does only allow a single SMTP server entry. I wonder if Thunderbird has the same limitation as I am hoping to move onto it in a soon to be released boxed release.

< Previous Next >