Re: [SLE] For those who follow such things [ot]
  • From: Vince Littler <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:22:08 +0100
On Saturday 15 April 2006 19:57, Mike wrote:
> On Saturday 15 April 2006 20:17, Per Jessen wrote:
> > Vince Littler wrote:
> > > In the past 36 hours, I have been hit by several dozen
> > > 'Undeliverable mail Returned to sender' messages, in response to
> > > spam sent out notionally in the name of my domain. Thank you for
> > > your contribution, Patrick Shanahan, to placing my email address in
> > > plain view on the internet.
> >
> > By participating in forums/lists such as this you have already done
> > so yourself. Patricks contribution (whatever it might be) is
> > negligible.
> >
> > Several dozen in 36hours isn't too bad. I have a customer that is
> > regularly hit by waves of 100.000/day.
>
> He won't listen. He's bound and determined that Patrick, and only
> Patrick is the reason he gets spam.

In my own words, Patrick Shanahan knows he is putting my email address in the
archives, circumventing the address removal. He goes on doing it, despite
repeated requests not to, and he has done it deliberately. I do not know the
extent to which he is a contributor, its doing it knowingly and deliberately
which I object to, while all the time he rebukes thread hijackers and top
posters.

< Previous Next >