Re: [SLE] updating to PHP5 - iFolder
  • From: "Ricardo Rodríguez - XEN" <rrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Apr 2006 13:34:53 +0200
>>> Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)<andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx> 16/4/2006 00:46 >>>
>On Sunday 16 April 2006 00:50, you wrote:
> iFolder is also a must

>If its not a big secret, what you are doing with that stuff?

Of course it is not a huge secret! Here the landscape:

1. Windows users
2. Users move from office to office, from meeting to meeting, from here to there, the whole journey.
3. They love all their files with them and to be able to find them always at the same locations (let me say u:\, for instance)
4. From time to time, they have no computer, no laptop, no nothing with them. But they need indeed one of this files. Then, they go to a cyber-coffee and access their iFolder server with e simple Internet Browser. Even with a PDA.
5. From time to time, they move to a new location and have a new available desktop computer. They download and install a iFolder client and can, if the needed broadband connection is available, clone their directory in minutes.

Of course they are other solutions for accomplishing this goals. And there are a number of security issues to be taken into account. But it worked so far. I will try to test iFolder 3.x available only for Linux servers. By now, I'm sticking to 2.x running on NW6.x servers. I'm quite interested in looking to this brand new suff and what issues coming from previous releases has it fixed.

Any input will be welcome!

Best,

Ricardo

--