Re: [SLE] Dell Inspiron Keyboard
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:42:07 +0100
On 16/04/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> James David Jacobs wrote:
> > I have a Dell Inspiron 2100 Laptop. A number of keys do not work,
> > either in a terminal or in KDE. For example, neither Alt key nor the
> > right arrow work. None of these keys generate scan codes in Showkey.
> >
> > Any idea how to get these keys to work?
>
> It sounds like you may have a hardware failure. Can you plug in a
> regular keyboard, to see if those keys work?

Or, try the keyboard on another PC? Just in case it is the keyboard
that is at fault. It may just need cleaning which is 'usually' an
easy enough job with some cotton buds and some ethyl alcohol.
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay